Allendale is a lovely, mature neighbourhood, located halfway between Whyte Avenue and Southgate. The land was originally owned by the Allen family at the turn of the century but became part of Edmonton when Edmonton and Strathcona amalgamated in 1921. Development in the area started prior to WW1, but it was the late 1940s and early 1950s when most of the development occurred.
- Date: Saturday, August 8th, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location: Back Parking Lot Allendale School (6415 – 106 St NW) *IMPORTANT INFORMATION* ***Due to COVID-19, please wear … >> Read More »
- Summer wouldn’t be summer without a bit of sidewalk chalk art especially in the Summer of 2020. So get in touch with us via email … >> Read More »
- The Allendale Community League’s Big Bin Event is still postponed until further notice. For residents who are looking to get rid of unwanted items, the City of … >> Read More »
- The project team is seeking art from Queen Alexandra and Allendale residents reflecting on these unusual times for a community banner. ALL forms of creative … >> Read More »
- The communities of Allendale and Queen Alexandra are in strong need for more people to sew masks. The COVID-19 community assistance team would love to … >> Read More »
- We have reopened our tennis courts. Hours are 9 am – 9 pm daily, weather permitting. >> Read More »