Allendale is a lovely, mature neighbourhood, located halfway between Whyte Avenue and Southgate. The land was originally owned by the Allen family at the turn of the century but became part of Edmonton when Edmonton and Strathcona amalgamated in 1921. Development in the area started prior to WW1, but it was the late 1940s and early 1950s when most of the development occurred.
- Agenda All members are invited to attend 7:00 to 7:30 pm Question and Answers with Councillor Michael Janz Call to order at 7:30 pm Welcome … >> Read More »
- Celebrate 100 years of Green Shacks in Edmonton this summer with our neighbours in Allendale! The City of Edmonton, the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues, … >> Read More »
- Our Spring in-person session of yoga is back at Allendale Hall! Yoga with Kelly will take you through postures to strengthen the body, calm the … >> Read More »
- COVID-19 public health actions As of March 1 Current Public Measures. City of Edmonton repeals mask bylaw On March 9, the City of Edmonton repealed … >> Read More »
- COVID-19 public health actions As of March 1 Current Public Measures. Frequently asked questions regarding the City of Edmonton’s Temporary Mandatory Face Coverings bylaw Does … >> Read More »
- There is a proposed planning application that is close to Allendale. The plan is to rezone the area of 10333 University Ave to allow a … >> Read More »
Allendale Community League
Allendale is a hidden gem in a mature neighbourhood. It's a quiet neighbourhood straight south of the Whyte Avenue scene and north of Southgate, right in the middle between the two. Allendale park is at the centre of our community.